THE CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER WOULD STREAMLINE:
4 The Children Child Advocacy Center will be responsible for coordinating all child sexual abuse cases in La Plata, Archuleta, and San Juan counties working with and streamlining efforts of our community partners:
- La Plata + Archuleta counties: Department of Human Services
- All counties: sheriff + police departments
- District Attorney’s Office
- Mercy Regional Medical Center Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program
- Regional mental health providers
4 the Children’s Child Advocacy Center: a safe place to heal from a traumatic event.
Studies reveal that a child is more likely to share their experience when they feel physically and psychologically safe. By providing a single, comfortable location, the child can relay their story once with the entire team of compassionate child advocacy service providers, rather than retelling the traumatic event in multiple, unfamiliar locations.